Shotgun Python API Changelog¶
Here you can see the full list of changes between each Python API release.
v3.0.38 (2019 February 7)¶
- Upgrades the version of
0.12.0, which fixes SNI issues. Note this version contains a more recent list of certificate authorities. If you are running Shotgun locally and have signed your https certificate with an outdated certificate authority, the Shotgun connection will be rejected.
v3.0.37 (2018 July 19)¶
- Proper support added for unicode and utf-8 string paths given to upload methods, and a sane error is raised when an unusable string encoding is used.
- Adds support for querying preferences from Shotgun via the new preferences_read method.
- Under-the-hood changes to add support for direct to s3 uploads to Shotgun. This change should be transparent to users.
v3.0.36 (2018 April 3)¶
- Fixes an error where
__init__would still connect to Shotgun.
- Adds support for
SHOTGUN_API_CACERTSwhen uploading and downloading files.
- Properly handles failed downloads due to malware scanning.
v3.0.35 (2017 December 8)¶
- Add exception UserCredentialsNotAllowedForSSOAuthenticationFault. Triggered when attempting to initiate a connection with a username/password pair on an SSO-enabled Shotgun site.
v3.0.34 (2017 September 18)¶
- Optimized pagination strategy for Shotgun 7.4+
- Switched from a hard-coded value of 500 for “records_per_page” to a server-defined value. We will be experimenting with higher values with the goal of increasing performance for large result sets.
v3.0.33 (2017 July 18)¶
- Raise an exception when uploading an empty file using
upload_filmstrip_thumbnail()before calling out to the server.
- Multiple enhancements and bugfixes to Mockgun
nav_search_entity()methods as experimental, internal methods for querying SG hierarchy.
- Introduces a
following()query method, that accepts a user entity and optionally an entity type and/or project.
v3.0.32 (2016 Sep 22)¶
- Optimized import speed of the API on Python 2.7.
- Integrated the latest fixes to the
nav_expand()method as an experimental, internal method for querying SG hierarchy.
- Ported all documentation to sphinx. See http://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/python-api.
- Moved Changelog to dedicated HISTORY file.
v3.0.30 (2016 Apr 25)¶
- Add option to use add/remove/set modes when updating multi-entity fields.
- Add explicit file handler close to download_attachment.
- Add basic
find()ordering support to mockgun.
- Allow for product specific authorization parameters.
v3.0.29 (2016 Mar 7)¶
- Reverted the change to the default field names for image uploading.
v3.0.28 (2016 Mar 3)¶
- Refactored nested classing of
sgtimezonelibrary to allow for serializable timestamps.
v3.0.27 (2016 Feb 18)¶
- Make sure HTTP proxy authentication works with the
@character in a password.
- Make sure sudo authentication test works with Shotgun versions after v6.3.10.
- Smarter uploading of thumbnails and filmstrips with the
- Improve Travis build integration of the Python-API to run the full suite of API tests instead of just the unit and client tests.
v3.0.26 (2016 Feb 1)¶
- Updating testing framework to use environment variables inconjunction with existing
example_configfile so that commits and pull requests are automatically run on travis-ci.
- Fix to prevent stripping out case-sensitivity of a URL if the user passes their credentials to
config.serveras an authorization header.
v3.0.25 (2016 Jan 12)¶
- Add handling for Python versions incompatible with SHA-2 (see this blog post).
SHOTGUN_FORCE_CERTIFICATE_VALIDATIONenvironment variable to prevent disabling certficate validation when SHA-2 validation is not available.
- Add SSL info to user-agent header.
v3.0.24 (2016 Jan 08)¶
- Not released.
v3.0.23 (2015 Oct 26)¶
v3.0.22 (2015 Sept 9)¶
- Added method
text_search()which allows an API client to access the Shotgun global search and auto completer.
- Added method
activity_stream_read()which allows an API client to access the activity stream for a given Shotgun entity.
- Added method
note_thread_read()which allows an API client to download an entire Note conversation, including Replies and Attachments, using a single API call.
- Added an experimental
mockgunmodule which can be used to emulate the Shotgun API, for example inside unit test rigs.
- [minor] Improved docstrings.
v3.0.21 (2015 Aug 13)¶
- Update bundled
httplib2module to latest v0.9.1 - fixes some bugs
v3.0.20 (2015 Jun 10)¶
- Add authentication support for Shotgun servers with two-factor authentication turned on.
v3.0.19 (2015 Mar 25)¶
- Add ability to authenticate with Shotgun using
get_session_token()method for obtaining token to authenticate with.
- Add new
AuthenticationFaultexception type to indicate when server communication has failed due to authentication reasons.
- Add support for
SHOTGUN_API_CACERTSenvironment variable to provide location of external SSL certificates file.
- Fixes and updates to various tests.
v3.0.18 (2015 Mar 13)¶
- Add ability to query the per-project visibility status for entities, fields and statuses. (requires Shotgun server >= v5.4.4)
v3.0.17 (2014 Jul 10)¶
- Add ability to update
- Add workaround for bug #9291 in Python 2.7 affecting mimetypes library on Windows.
- Add platform and Python version to user-agent (eg.
shotgun-json (3.0.17); Python 2.7 (Mac))
v3.0.16 (2014 May 23)¶
- Add flag to ignore entities from archived Projects.
- Add support for differentiating between zero and
Nonefor number fields.
- Add ability to act as a different user.
v3.0.15 (2014 Mar 6)¶
- Fixed bug which allowed a value of
Nonefor password parameter in
- Add ability to login as HumanUser.
- Ensure that webm/mp4 mime types are always available.
- Updated link to video tour in README.
- Fixes and updates to various tests.
v3.0.14 (2013 Jun 26)¶
- added: additional tests for thumbnails.
- added: support for downloading from s3 in
download_attachment(). Accepts an Attachment entity dict as a parameter (is still backwards compatible with passing in an Attachment id).
- added: optional
download_attachment()to write data directly to disk instead of loading into memory. (thanks to Adam Goforth @aag)
v3.0.13 (2013 Apr 11)¶
- fixed: #20856
authenticate_human_user()login was sticky and would be used for permissions and logging.
v3.0.12 (2013 Feb 22)¶
- added: #18171 New
ca_certsargument to the
Shotgunconstructor to specify the certificates to use in SSL validation.
setup.pydoesn’t compress the installed
.eggfile which makes the
v3.0.10 (2013 Jan 25)¶
v3.0.9 (2012 Dec 05)¶
share_thumbnail()method to share the same thumbnail record and media between entities.
- added: proxy handling to methods that transfer binary data (ie.
- updated: default logging level to WARN.
- updated: documentation for
summarize()method, previously released but without documentation.
- fixed: unicode strings not always being encoded correctly.
create()generates error when
- fixed: clearing thumbnail by setting
Nonenot working as expected.
- fixed: some html entities being returned sanitized via API.
simplejsonfallback now uses relative imports to match other bundled packages.
- improved: various error messages are now clearer and more informative.
- installation is now
v3.0.9.beta2 (2012 Mar 19)¶
- use relative imports for included libraries when using Python v2.5 or later.
- replace sideband request for
image(thumbnail) field with native support (requires Shotgun server >= v3.3.0. Request will still work on older versions but fallback to slow sideband method).
- allow setting
filmstrip_thumbnailin data dict on
- fixed bug causing
Attachment.tag_listto be set to
"None"(str) for uploads.
v3.0.9.beta1 (2012 Feb 23)¶
- added support for access to WorkDayRules (requires Shotgun server >= v3.2.0).
- added support for filmstrip thumbnails (requires Shotgun server >= v3.1.0).
download_attachment()pointing to incorrect url.
- fixed some issues with module import paths.
v3.0.8 (2011 Oct 7)¶
- now uses JSON as a transport rather than XML-RPC. This provides as much as a 40% speed boost.
- added the
- refactored single file into package.
- tests added (Thanks to Aaron Morton @amorton).
- return all strings as ascii for backwards compatibility, added
ensure_asciiparameter to enable returning unicode.
v3.0.6 (2010 Jan 25)¶
- optimization: don’t request
paging_infounless required (and server support is available).
v3.0.5 (2010 Dec 20)¶
- officially remove support for old
find(): allow requesting a specific page of results instead of returning them all at once.
- add support for
session_uuidparameter for communicating with a web browser session.
v3.0.4 (2010 Nov 22)¶
v3.0.3 (2010 Nov 12)¶
- add support for local files. Injects convenience info into returned hash for local file links.
- add support for authentication through http proxy server.
v3.0.1 (2010 May 10)¶
v3.0 (2010 May 5)¶
v3.0b8 (2010 Feb 19)¶
v3.0b7 (2009 Nov 30)¶
- add additional retries for connection errors and a catch for broken pipe exceptions.
v3.0b6 (2009 Oct 20)¶
- add support for
HTTP/1.1 keepalive, which greatly improves performance for multiple requests.
- add more helpful error if server entered is not
- add support assigning tags to file uploads (for Shotgun version >= 1.10.6).
v3.0b5 (2009 Sept 29)¶
- fixed deprecation warnings to raise
Exceptionclass for python 2.5.
v3.0b4 (2009 July 3)¶
v3.0b3 (2009 June 24)¶
schema_*methods for accessing entities and fields.
- added support for http proxy servers.
RECORDS_PER_PAGEglobal (can just set
records_per_pageon the Shotgun object after initializing it).
api_verfrom the constructor, as this class is only designed to work with API v3.