The Shotgun Utilities Framework¶
The Shotgun Utils Framework contains a collection of helpers and tools to make it easy and painless to build consistent looking applications. It contains several modules which can each be used independently:
- Shotgun Data and Shotgun Hierarchy models deriving from
QStandardItemModelwhich makes it easy to quickly build responsive, rich applications with data from your Shotgun site.
- A settings system handles per-user preferences and makes it easy to work with the
QSettingsclass from within your app code.
- An asynchronous Shotgun data receiver which makes it easy to work with background queries and thumbnail retrieval.
- A background processing manager to help schedule background worker threads.
globalshelper module which provides cached access to various global data in Shotgun, including status names, display names for fields and schema data.
In the following documentation sections, each module is presented in detail with API reference and code examples.
- Shotgun Model
- Shotgun Hierarchy Model
- Shotgun Asynchronous Data Retriever
- Background Task Processing
- Shotgun Toolkit Qt Settings Wrapper
- Shotgun Globals Access
- External Configuration Management