Shotgun Python API Changelog¶
Here you can see the full list of changes between each Python API release.
- Proper support added for unicode and utf-8 string paths given to upload methods, and a sane error is raised when an unusable string encoding is used.
- Adds support for querying preferences from Shotgun via the new preferences_read method.
- Under-the-hood changes to add support for direct to s3 uploads to Shotgun. This change should be transparent to users.
- Fixes an error where
__init__would still connect to Shotgun.
- Adds support for
SHOTGUN_API_CACERTSwhen uploading and downloading files.
- Properly handles failed downloads due to malware scanning.
v3.0.35 (2017 December 8)¶
- Add exception UserCredentialsNotAllowedForSSOAuthenticationFault. Triggered when attempting to initiate a connection with a username/password pair on an SSO-enabled Shotgun site.
v3.0.34 (2017 September 18)¶
- Optimized pagination strategy for Shotgun 7.4+
- Switched from a hard-coded value of 500 for “records_per_page” to a server-defined value. We will be experimenting with higher values with the goal of increasing performance for large result sets.
v3.0.33 (2017 July 18)¶
- Raise an exception when uploading an empty file using
upload_filmstrip_thumbnail()before calling out to the server.
- Multiple enhancements and bugfixes to Mockgun
nav_search_entity()methods as experimental, internal methods for querying SG hierarchy.
- Introduces a
following()query method, that accepts a user entity and optionally an entity type and/or project.
v3.0.32 (2016 Sep 22)¶
- Optimized import speed of the API on Python 2.7.
- Integrated the latest fixes to the
nav_expand()method as an experimental, internal method for querying SG hierarchy.
- Ported all documentation to sphinx. See http://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/python-api.
- Moved Changelog to dedicated HISTORY file.
v3.0.30 (2016 Apr 25)¶
- Add option to use add/remove/set modes when updating multi-entity fields.
- Add explicit file handler close to download_attachment.
- Add basic
find()ordering support to mockgun.
- Allow for product specific authorization parameters.
v3.0.29 (2016 Mar 7)¶
- Reverted the change to the default field names for image uploading.
v3.0.28 (2016 Mar 3)¶
- Refactored nested classing of
sgtimezonelibrary to allow for serializable timestamps.
v3.0.27 (2016 Feb 18)¶
- Make sure HTTP proxy authentication works with the
@character in a password.
- Make sure sudo authentication test works with Shotgun versions after v6.3.10.
- Smarter uploading of thumbnails and filmstrips with the
- Improve Travis build integration of the Python-API to run the full suite of API tests instead of just the unit and client tests.
v3.0.26 (2016 Feb 1)¶
- Updating testing framework to use environment variables inconjunction with existing
example_configfile so that commits and pull requests are automatically run on travis-ci.
- Fix to prevent stripping out case-sensitivity of a URL if the user passes their credentials to
config.serveras an authorization header.
v3.0.25 (2016 Jan 12)¶
- Add handling for Python versions incompatible with SHA-2 (see this blog post).
SHOTGUN_FORCE_CERTIFICATE_VALIDATIONenvironment variable to prevent disabling certficate validation when SHA-2 validation is not available.
- Add SSL info to user-agent header.
v3.0.24 (2016 Jan 08)¶
- Not released.
v3.0.23 (2015 Oct 26)¶
v3.0.22 (2015 Sept 9)¶
- Added method
text_search()which allows an API client to access the Shotgun global search and auto completer.
- Added method
activity_stream_read()which allows an API client to access the activity stream for a given Shotgun entity.
- Added method
note_thread_read()which allows an API client to download an entire Note conversation, including Replies and Attachments, using a single API call.
- Added an experimental
mockgunmodule which can be used to emulate the Shotgun API, for example inside unit test rigs.
- [minor] Improved docstrings.
v3.0.21 (2015 Aug 13)¶
- Update bundled
httplib2module to latest v0.9.1 - fixes some bugs
v3.0.20 (2015 Jun 10)¶
- Add authentication support for Shotgun servers with two-factor authentication turned on.
v3.0.19 (2015 Mar 25)¶
- Add ability to authenticate with Shotgun using
get_session_token()method for obtaining token to authenticate with.
- Add new
AuthenticationFaultexception type to indicate when server communication has failed due to authentication reasons.
- Add support for
SHOTGUN_API_CACERTSenvironment variable to provide location of external SSL certificates file.
- Fixes and updates to various tests.
v3.0.18 (2015 Mar 13)¶
- Add ability to query the per-project visibility status for entities, fields and statuses. (requires Shotgun server >= v5.4.4)
v3.0.17 (2014 Jul 10)¶
- Add ability to update
- Add workaround for bug #9291 in Python 2.7 affecting mimetypes library on Windows.
- Add platform and Python version to user-agent (eg.
shotgun-json (3.0.17); Python 2.7 (Mac))
v3.0.16 (2014 May 23)¶
- Add flag to ignore entities from archived Projects.
- Add support for differentiating between zero and
Nonefor number fields.
- Add ability to act as a different user.
v3.0.15 (2014 Mar 6)¶
- Fixed bug which allowed a value of
Nonefor password parameter in
- Add ability to login as HumanUser.
- Ensure that webm/mp4 mime types are always available.
- Updated link to video tour in README.
- Fixes and updates to various tests.
v3.0.14 (2013 Jun 26)¶
- added: additional tests for thumbnails.
- added: support for downloading from s3 in
download_attachment(). Accepts an Attachment entity dict as a parameter (is still backwards compatible with passing in an Attachment id).
- added: optional
download_attachment()to write data directly to disk instead of loading into memory. (thanks to Adam Goforth @aag)
v3.0.13 (2013 Apr 11)¶
- fixed: #20856
authenticate_human_user()login was sticky and would be used for permissions and logging.
v3.0.12 (2013 Feb 22)¶
- added: #18171 New
ca_certsargument to the
Shotgunconstructor to specify the certificates to use in SSL validation.
setup.pydoesn’t compress the installed
.eggfile which makes the
v3.0.10 (2013 Jan 25)¶
v3.0.9 (2012 Dec 05)¶
share_thumbnail()method to share the same thumbnail record and media between entities.
- added: proxy handling to methods that transfer binary data (ie.
- updated: default logging level to WARN.
- updated: documentation for
summarize()method, previously released but without documentation.
- fixed: unicode strings not always being encoded correctly.
create()generates error when
- fixed: clearing thumbnail by setting
Nonenot working as expected.
- fixed: some html entities being returned sanitized via API.
simplejsonfallback now uses relative imports to match other bundled packages.
- improved: various error messages are now clearer and more informative.
- installation is now
v3.0.9.beta2 (2012 Mar 19)¶
- use relative imports for included libraries when using Python v2.5 or later.
- replace sideband request for
image(thumbnail) field with native support (requires Shotgun server >= v3.3.0. Request will still work on older versions but fallback to slow sideband method).
- allow setting
filmstrip_thumbnailin data dict on
- fixed bug causing
Attachment.tag_listto be set to
"None"(str) for uploads.
v3.0.9.beta1 (2012 Feb 23)¶
- added support for access to WorkDayRules (requires Shotgun server >= v3.2.0).
- added support for filmstrip thumbnails (requires Shotgun server >= v3.1.0).
download_attachment()pointing to incorrect url.
- fixed some issues with module import paths.
v3.0.8 (2011 Oct 7)¶
- now uses JSON as a transport rather than XML-RPC. This provides as much as a 40% speed boost.
- added the
- refactored single file into package.
- tests added (Thanks to Aaron Morton @amorton).
- return all strings as ascii for backwards compatibility, added
ensure_asciiparameter to enable returning unicode.
v3.0.6 (2010 Jan 25)¶
- optimization: don’t request
paging_infounless required (and server support is available).
v3.0.5 (2010 Dec 20)¶
- officially remove support for old
find(): allow requesting a specific page of results instead of returning them all at once.
- add support for
session_uuidparameter for communicating with a web browser session.
v3.0.4 (2010 Nov 22)¶
v3.0.3 (2010 Nov 12)¶
- add support for local files. Injects convenience info into returned hash for local file links.
- add support for authentication through http proxy server.
v3.0.1 (2010 May 10)¶
v3.0 (2010 May 5)¶
v3.0b8 (2010 Feb 19)¶
v3.0b7 (2009 Nov 30)¶
- add additional retries for connection errors and a catch for broken pipe exceptions.
v3.0b6 (2009 Oct 20)¶
- add support for
HTTP/1.1 keepalive, which greatly improves performance for multiple requests.
- add more helpful error if server entered is not
- add support assigning tags to file uploads (for Shotgun version >= 1.10.6).
v3.0b5 (2009 Sept 29)¶
- fixed deprecation warnings to raise
Exceptionclass for python 2.5.
v3.0b4 (2009 July 3)¶
v3.0b3 (2009 June 24)¶
schema_*methods for accessing entities and fields.
- added support for http proxy servers.
RECORDS_PER_PAGEglobal (can just set
records_per_pageon the Shotgun object after initializing it).
api_verfrom the constructor, as this class is only designed to work with API v3.